International Elective Programme
Program/Course Descriptions (key features, academic focus, and any specialized tracks or concentrations)
- Elective program: The Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura offers a fee-levying elective program to international students to learn clinical medicine, para-clinical & pre-clinical subjects as Elective observers. There is also an opportunity to engage on short-term basis in ongoing research projects. http://medical.sjp.ac.lk/index.php/electives-how-to-enroll.
- MBBS Degree program as approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) Sri Lanka. Students should apply through the UGC. All details are provided on the UGC website. : Please refer to the UGC Foreign Admission Handbook 2020-2023 online:
- Elective program: Maximum 8 weeks per academic year per student. Priority of selection of electives is given to the choice of the student.
- However, this will depend on the number of vacancies available at a given time point in each discipline. The maximum period for a clinical/laboratory-based elective appointment in one discipline is 4 weeks and the minimum is 1 week. In order to do a clinical elective, a minimum of 6 months of clinical exposure in the relevant Medical Faculty that the student is registered and studying has to be completed. For a research elective, a fixed 8-week period is necessary. Research & Pre-Clinical Observer positions are available for pre-clinical students also. The application process is through the same online portal
- MBBS Degree program: 5 years
Entry Requirements: academic qualifications, language proficiency, and any additional prerequisites.
- Elective Programme:
- A) A cover letter stating the elective appointment(s) you wish to do with the dates
- B) PDF of the completed online application (check submission confirmation e-mail),
- C) Resume or a brief curriculum vitae
- D) A letter from the Medical School/University confirming your medical studentship and giving permission to do an elective.
- MBBS Degree program: Please refer to the UGC Foreign Admission Handbook 2020-2023 online: https://www.ugc.ac.lk/attachments/2108_Foreign%20Admission%20Handbook%20-2020_2021.pdf
Program/Course Fees: tuition fees and any other applicable fees or expenses associated with each program/course.
- Elective program: 1- 4 weeks 400 USD & 5-8 weeks 550 USD
- MBBS Degree program: 12,500 USD per annum
- Elective program: Not applicable
- MBBS Degree program: SLFQ 6
Contact Person Details: name, designation, email address, and telephone number of the designated contact person who can assist prospective international students with inquiries or further information about the programs/courses.
Faculty of Medical Sciences,
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Deputy Registrar/ Faculty of Medical Sciences
0094 11 2881788 Extension – 4011