MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS WITH FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates with results at a foreign examination held outside Sri Lanka, deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to Universities in Sri Lanka.
- Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination of Sri Lanka or their educational qualifications are considered for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Applicants should ensure that all required passes are obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examinations subject to the rules set out by the Education Authority of the country concerned.
- Applicants should attach to their applications the certified copies of the educational certificate and the statement of results of their qualifying examination. (The copy of the educational certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Examinations Board which conducted the examination concerned).
The eligible candidates for admission under this special provision are;
- Candidates with foreign passports
- Candidates with Sri Lankan passports
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
English is the medium of instructions for most of the degree programs which are offered by University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Accordingly, an applicant whose primary language is not English or whose previous education has been conducted in another language, must demonstrate a command of English sufficient to meet the demands of classroom instructions, written assignments and participation in tutorials and discussions. Therefore, applicants whose primary language is not English or whose previous education has not been in English must provide evidence of proficiency in English,
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
|English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Students may be required to produce a writing sample of their work in English depending on the course they wish to offer and the requirements of the relevant Department.